Let us first understand what exactly, self-confidence is, in simple words
Self-confidence is an attitude about your skills and abilities.
How can you make your child more self-confident?
- Teach him to accept and trust himself and have a sense of control in his life.
- Make him identify his strengths and weaknesses well.
- Teach him to have a positive yet realistic view of himself.
- Ask him to set realistic expectations and goals, communicate assertively, and can handle criticism.
- Building social and people skills can also help the child gain confidence.
- Emotions also play an important part in self-confidence, make your child aware of his emotions and emotionally intelligent.